Science and Technology Research in Pedagogy (STRiPe)
Annual Report 2012
Name of the Group: Science and Technology Research in Pedagogy (STRiPe)
Head of the Group: Dr Scott Turner.
Contributors to Group:
Dr Scott Turner
Dr Jonathan Adams
Dr Ali Al-Sherbaz
Prof. Phil Picton
Track Record of Achievement:
£6600 for Public Engagement Enhancement – HE STEM programme
£19500 for Enhancing the Sustainability of the East Midlands Knowledge Network - JISC
1. Maunder, R., Turner, S., Sneddon, S. and Crouch, A. (2012) Editorial. Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education. 4(1), pp. 1-2. 2041-3122.
2. Kariyawasam K., A., Turner S., Hill G. (2012) "Is it Visual? The importance of a Problem Solving Module within a Computing course", Computer Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 5-7, ISSN: 1672-5913.
3. Hill G., Turner S. (2012) "Referencing within Code in Software Engineering Education!", Computer Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 1-4, ISSN: 1672-5913.Conference
4. Turner, S. and Al-Sherbaz, A. (2012) "What's the problem with problem-solving?" Seminar Presentation presented to: Insights into the future of learning and teaching at Northampton, University of Northampton, 3rd December 2012
5. Bailey D and Adams J (2012) "NORTHANTS ENGINEERING TRAINING PARTNERSHIP (NETP), A MODEL FOR SUSTAINABLE, INDUSTRY – UNIVERSITY ENGAGEMENT" International Conference on Engineering Education 2012 Turku Finland July 30 – August 3, 2012.
6. Picton P (2012) "TEACHING ULTRASONICS USING SPREADSHEETS" International Conference on Engineering Education 2012 Turku Finland July 30 – August 3, 2012
Details of the case study can be found at: http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Junkbot_june_northampton.pdf
Details of an in-school session plan can be found at: http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Planning_Process_junkbots_KS3_4_longer.docx
Details of an STEM club session plan can be found at: http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Planning_Process_junkbots_primary_short8.docx
Editorships and Members of Editorial Boards
· ITALICS. York: Information and Computer Science Subject Centre of the Higher Education Academy. 1473-7507.
· Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education Northampton: The University of Northampton 2041-3122