Monday, 31 October 2011
Rashmi Dravid and Catherine Klimes recently presented (12th Annual Conference of the Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Information and Computing Sciences, University of Ulster 23-25th August, 2011) their work on addressing the gender imbalance in Computing.
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
The School of Science and Technology is going to double the number of Teaching Fellows to six (joining Jonathan Adams, Greg Spellman and Scott Turner). Three colleagues were successful in their application for Teaching Fellowship (one of only four to be awarded).
Ruth Copeland-Philips, Louise Maxwell and Paul Cox will be awarded their fellowships for their work on Technology to help with the transistion into Higher Education of distance learning students.
Details of their work can be found at:
- The University of Northampton Teaching and Learning Conference (May 2009), Piloting Induction Strategies for Distance Learners. Poster presentation and conference paper.
- The University of Northampton Teaching and Learning Conference (May 2011) Technology Enhanced Transition Programme for Distance Learners, Poster presentation
- Widening Participation Seminar at The University of Northampton, (September 2011), Technology Enhanced Transition Programme for Distance Learners, Poster presentation and conference paper.
- Poster presentation available in Park Library atrium (24th October - 4th November 2011) .
- Widening participation web pages: http://www.northampton.ac.uk/info/200284/widening-participation/1132/projects
- School of Science and Technology blog (18 September 2011) Technology Enhanced Transition Programme:http://apslandt.blogspot.com/
Ajit, S. (2017) Exam as an assessment instrument in computer programming courses: student perceptions. Poster presented to: 6th Internat...
In previous posts the availability on the JISC Jorum repository of six Open Education Resources (OERs) from the former School of Science...
Enhancing Computing Student Employability Skills Through Partnership Working in STEM Outreach - Springer : Scott Turner DOI: 10.1007/97...
Our next University STEM networking event will be a lively, interactive session given by Ed Drewitt , famous for his Bristol Dinosaur Pr...